HERE IS TODAYS SILVER SPOT PRICE PER OUNCE
Today's Silver Spot Price Per Ounce
Calculate the "Right Now" Silver Melt Value of your coin - follow instructions.
HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF A SIMPLE TRANSACTION
Say you found or have 4 silver Washington quarters and 2 silver half dollars. Lets say today's price of silver is at $18 per ounce. Now, look at Chart A. Each silver Washington quarter would be worth about $3.00 and each silver half dollar would be worth about $6.00. If we multiply 4 X $3.00 = $12.00 and 2 X $6.00 = $12.00. Thats a total silver value of $24.00. A coin dealer would give you a little less than that and a private collector would propably give you more. There is also a numismatic (antique or rare) value which could be added to each coin. All terms are negotiable and you need a willing seller and a willing buyer. Remember: Strong trees bend in the wind and weak trees snap! Be realistic, give a little and you might get alot.
CASHING IN: Where can I sell the coins I have found?
1. COIN DEALERS:
NEVER CLEAN YOUR COINS! They are more valuable to a dealer if left just the way you found them. If you are in a hurry to sell your coins see the "Contact" information below.
All of these dealers will pay you the daily "spot price of silver" as well as pay you more for the numismatic value of any rare coins you bring to them. Coins that are rare or Very Fine (VF), Extra Fine (EF), Almost Uncirculated (AU), or Uncirculated (UNC) - Brillant Uncirculated (BAU) or Proofs (PR) are worth more. In some cases much more. NOTE the silver currency chart showing silver spot prices and value of coin denominations (CHART A). Coin dealers will be happy to "appraise" the coin value and make you a offer, but is the offer fair and realistic? Don't be afraid to get a second or third opinion. Remember if you found the coin in change and just paid for it's numeric value, you are making out. Don't be unrealistic - this only sabotages your potential. There is a learning curve and trade secrets to coin collecting.
HERE ARE A FEW COIN COLLECTING TRADE SECRETS:
1. Silver prices usually run in a 30 year cycle. As of May of 2011 silver went to a high of $48 per ounce. It has been fluctuating between $25 and $35 since. If you are planning to live another 30 years - you can afford to hold onto your coins. If not - SELL NOW!
2. Because so many people have happily cashed in their silver coins there is a large quantity of AU and BAU silver dimes, quarters and halves in the "JUNK SILVER" trays. When silver goes over $35 per ounce you will even find silver PROOF coins. These are more valuable coins, which you can pick up at junk silver prices. If you are a collector your coin books will look bright and valuable.
3. Some coin shops and dealers have "CULL" silver dollar trays. These are beat up, painted over or more common dates. However, some of these might be XF - AU grade. Coin dealers who sort through thousands of coins each week can get tired and cranky - and slip up if distracted. They can also get toxic metal poisoning which can "fry their nerves". They need to use gloves or do a heavy metal cleanse. (Copper pennies can be especially toxic). I have even discovered CC (Carson City) silver dollars in these trays as well as other semi rare dates.
4. In my opinion your best investment is silver. WHY? Because silver should have a classic 15 to 1 ratio with gold. In other words if gold is $1,500 per ounce, then silver should be $100 per ounce. The price of sliver is being held down by gold market investors. Its an old story - just watch the "Wizard of Oz" and look for the hidden meanings. Someday soon it might bust loose and when it does a lot of silver holders are going to be very happy.
5. In these times the real value is in commodities - especially food and fuel. You can't eat your silver coins. Why not invest some of that silver into a food bank for you and your loved ones and neighbors - and don't leave out the pets. I wish you happy silver coin hunting.
Click Below To View CONSIGNMENT COINS FROM PRIVATE PARTIES
RECOMMENDED COIN DEALERS
JACK H. BEYMER RARE COINS
BIG OAK SHOPPING PLAZA
2490 W. 3rd St.
Santa Rosa, CA. 95401
Toll Free: (800) 635-6040
Fax: (707) 575-5304
Open: 9am - 5pm Mon - Sat
After Hours (707) 544-1681
Member: Professional Numismatics Guild (PNG)
Jack H Beymer Rare Coins Shop
Jack H. Beymer MAIN Website
BRUCE BRAGA RARE COINS and COLLECTIBLES
Large Selection of Carson City (CC) Gold and Silver Coins
P.O. Box 652
Sloughhouse, CA. 95683-0652
Fax: (916) 354-1592
Member: American Numismatic Association (ANA)
DON RINKOR RARE COINS
Specializing in DMPL Dollars (mirror proof like coins),
Silver and Gold bullion, Proof and Regular United States
type coins, Guns and Fire Proof Safes
2600 Mendocino Ave,
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Open: 9am -4:30pm Mon - Sat
Member: Professional Numismatics Guild (PNG)
Don's Coin Shop Website
SAN RAFAEL RARE COIN COMPANY
Rare Coins, Bank Notes,
Gold, Silver and Platinum Jewelry, and Precious Metals
1219 Fourth Street
P.O. Box 150959
San Rafael, CA 94915
Phone: (415) 457-2646
Fax: (415) 457-8766
Open Mon - Fri from 11am - 4pm
After Hours by appoiintment
Member: ANA, PCGS, ICG, NGC, NCS Accredited
San Rafael Rare Coin Website
SIERRA GOLD & COIN - JOHN ENGELHARDT - GRASS VALLEY - GOLD COUNTRY
We Buy - Bullion Gold & Silver, Placer & Nuggets, Coins & Collections,
Jewelry, Estate - Gold & Silver.
We Sell - Bullion Gold & Silver (Special Prices on Quantity Purchases), Placer & Nuggets, Coins & Supplies.
Appraisals in Our Store or at Your Residence
203 West Main Street
Grass Valley, CA. 95945
Open: 9am - 5pm Mon - Fri, 10am - 4pm Sat
Phone: (530) 272-1100
Fax: (530) 272-1130
EBAY User ID SGANDCOIN
Member: ANA, CONECA and Redwood Empire Coin Club
Sierra Gold and Coins Website
ERRORS and MORE - JIM CAULEY - SACRAMENTO - GOLD COUNTRY
Authentication and Appraisals on ERRORS.
United States and Foreign Coins,
also Buying and Selling Gold and Silver Coins
CASH PAID - WILL TRAVEL
Phone: (916) 212-6752
EBAY User ID RECCLM50
Member: CONECA and
Redwood Empire Coin Club
Jim Cauley Errors and More EBAY Website
WRIGHT'S COINS & COLLECTIBLES - SAN FRANCISCO - EAST BAY
BUYING OLD COINS - CASH PAID - WILL TRAVEL
Appraisals, United States Gold n Silver Coins
THREE GENERATIONS OF FAMILY COIN DEALERS
James Phone: (925) 550-9048
Hours by appoiintment - WILL TRAVEL!
Bay Area, North, South and East
Webmaster: Robert W. Matson (707) 522-0550
or Email: Robert@northofsf.com
Two Decades Experience With US Silver Coins 1878 - 1964
Lifetime Member #95: Redwood Empire Coin Club
Contact Me On My Website
JENNYS INTRODUCTION to COIN COLLECTING
Here is Jennys comprehensive 4,500 word beginner's
The Next Generation of Coin Collectors
guide to coin collecting. She studied history at Harvard,
and states that Anything that let's me reconnect with the
past is right up my street!
CLICK HERE TO VIEW HER INTRODUCTION to COIN COLLECTING